Thursday, May 6, 2010

Will I ever grow up??

I've made a new friend at school. I'll call her Mel. Short for Mellencamp. As in "John Cougar". She isn't a traditional cougar. In fact she's not a cougar at all. She's only 20 years old. The joke is that she has a boyfriend that is still in high school. From what she has told me. Her friends call her that. As a joke of course.
Mel is in my Chemistry class. We met a few weeks ago after the first exam. We were both upstairs getting extra credit for Chemistry by getting a stamp on our homework in the Learning Center. That's when I told her I got all the answers right PLUS the extra credit. Was I boasting?? Maybe a little bit, but really I could't help but share my own amazement at my score. So when I got 76.5/75 on the next exam she was even more impressed.
Now she thinks I'm some braniac, but I have to keep telling her that I got those scores because I basically worked my butt off studying.
I wish I could say the same about Biology..... Ugh!!
We meet up every now and then in the Library to study together.

Her big mission is trying to find out my age, because I won't tell her it. It's funny because she will dig for any little info hoping I'll slip up. Silly girl. What does she take me for.
I do tell her that I look young for my age, and that I'm old enough not to tell it. Ha!
"I don't get what the big deal is!!"
"Well," I pause for a moment of reflection, " I really don't care, but... " I look at her with a
silly grin, "... I really want you to stay friends with me." We both laugh.

I have a big weekend coming up. I have another Chemistry Exam on Tuesday AND another paper for Biology. TOO MUCH TO DO!!

No comments:

Post a Comment