Monday, May 3, 2010

Small World....

Remember the girl I whispered to in Algebra class on the first day of school. I'll call her party girl. Does she party alot?? I really don't know, but I do know that when she's not in class its usually on a Monday or Friday. Either she left early to go to Eugene or Corvallis or she stayed an extra day over there. She constantly skips. I do tease her when she decides to attend. "Well.... well.... well.... lookie who decided to show up.... " I'd say with a smile.
Last Friday she didn't want to be in Algebra, but came because it was announced that we were going to have a quiz on that day. She said that she needed to leave early because she had to go to work.
" Where do you work?" I asked.
" Elmers''.
"Elmers. Really.... which one?"
"The one on Airport way?"
"Oh... yeah.... I live near there?"
"Yeah.... I don't live far from there either."
This surprised me, because I thought that she had mentioned that she had lived closer to the Hollywood district. The Hollywood district is closer to 39th and Sandy Blvd. When most of SE Portland had a blackout for most of the day we both mentioned that our power had both gone out.
"Really?? I thought you lived more in town. I live close to that Costco."
"Yeah.... Really???
"Yeah.... but not in that industrial part of course.... It's on the other side of Sandy Blvd."
"We live there too. Do you know where Argay Park is"
My spidey sense started Tingling!! Because only people from Argay know about Argay park.
"OK!! Waitaminute!! Where Do you LIVE??!!!" I asked with growing intensity.
"Uh... well... you know where Alton Court is?
"Uh... Yeah!! I drive it every day.... its the only way to get into our part of the neighborhood."
"Well you drive down that street and take the first left.... then you--"
"--get to the cul-de-sac."
"Well... we actually live in the cul-de-sac."
I became giddy and flabbergasted at the same time.
"OH MY GAWD!!! We live a BLOCK from EACH OTHER!!!
People around us started laughing at my over the top revelation. We both started laughing at the strangeness of it all. Talked how the school boundaries of Reynolds and Parkrose were so close to our mutual houses. All she could say how small a world it can be.

Today in Algebra class we got back our first Exams. Most everyone didn't think they did very good, and from their looks they didn't. I'm happy to say I felt good about my testing. I was expecting an A..... would be disappointed with a B.... and Shocked if it was anything lower. I got a 94%. Cool Beans!!
Party girl wasn't in class today. Well.... it was a Monday. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment